“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
Personally I believe that the main reason I have failed at New Year’s resolutions in the past is because I didn’t prepare properly.
That’s why January’s challenge is all about Preparation.
You see I might want to make an amazing chocolate cake that I’ve seen the recipe for in a new book. But if I rush to the kitchen without checking the bits off the list that I need, that cake is unlikely to win Masterchef.
So here’s the ‘recipe’ you need to get started when February’s training challenge is released.
- Clicker training basics
- The difference between luring and rewarding
- Defining understanding of verbal cue (independent not body lured)
- What training treats to prepare
- Current verbal cue/command list
- Mobile phone for videoing training sessions or video camera
- YouTube and/or Facebook account for sharing videos
- Dog bed/ wire dog crate/ soft dog crate
- of 2 different dog toys that you dog doesn’t have access to every day
- Cardboard box big enough for your dog to stand comfortably in with all 4 paws