This week I've been struck by just how important getting out and about with my dogs is for my mental health and wellbeing.
Why particularly this week? Well because I've been helping my Dad learn how to use a mobility scooter for the first time, and watching him get back to enjoying spending time outdoors again really hit home.
My Dad suffers from a condition called Multiple System Atrophy (MSA). The symptoms and prognosis are similar to that of Parkinson's Disease. Simple things like going for a walk with his dogs hasn't been possible for a little while now - thankfully this seems set to change with the addition of this mobility scooter.
Watching him get some independence back and get out and about again has been magic - and I welcome ideas of dog walking areas in the North Somerset area that would be suitable for his new set of wheels!
- Fresh air is good for you! And there's nothing like sharing it with your best friends :)
- Take a break! Modern life is hectic, getting back to nature is good for your soul :)
- Take a leaf out of your dogs book - live in the moment and where possible, share good times with friends :)
- Notice the details - we live in a beautiful world :)
- Being outside releases all sorts of feel good endorphins - and brings this lovely blessing to mind..
“May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.” Irish Blessing